TPGS has some of the most sought after government contracting positions available. As a reputable company in the IT and defense contracting space, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for an Information Systems Security Engineer in Herndon, VA.
Title: Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
Location: Herndon, VA
Job Description: TPGS is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to provide subject matter expertise and analysis to TPGS clients. The role of the ISSE is to bridge the gap between high level security policies/requirements and technical/operational implementation of those requirements. Candidates should have in-depth understanding of the cybersecurity policies and procedures for government sector information systems and sufficient technical knowledge and experience to implement them. Reporting to the IT Solutions Functional Lead on the contract, the ISSE will work closely and effectively with the ISSM and Sponsor IT managers on all aspects of their development and implementation programs as they progress through their Agile management processes. The ISSE will provide hands on security and compliance guidance and work with SCRUM Masters and their teams in concert with Sponsor requirements that are primarily maintaining legacy systems while at the same time developing new systems and environments moving to cloud computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following describes the typical duties of an ISSE. Experience with these responsibilities is highly desired:
· Conduct assessments of existing IT architecture for compliance with security requirements from applicable security frameworks (such as DSCID 6/3, ICD 503, etc).
· Develop IT security policies, standards, and guidance
· Provide input to IA A&A process activities and related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials
· Provide engineering support and assistance to authorization/accreditation test and evaluation activities
· Provide continuous monitoring support for information systems
· Develop IT architecture deliverables, specific to information security countermeasure implementations, for operational systems and systems under development
· Evaluate proposed security architectures and designs and provide input as to the adequacy of those security designs to meet required security compliance objectives
· Develop and maintain processes and procedures to identify, track and mitigate customer system vulnerabilities.
A successful ISSE will have expertise in information technology, technical writing, and project management. The following is a list of related traits and skills that are mandatory:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technology related degree
· Two or more years functioning in an operational IT role with exposure to diverse IT architectures, demonstrating progressive growth of skills and responsibility
· Experience completing or managing to completion projects/tasks/deliverables with minimal supervisory oversight
· Advanced understanding of IT operations techniques
· Advanced writing skills: able to clearly articulate ideas for executive level consumption as well as technical staff consumption
· Advanced problem solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with clients.
· Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during client interactions
· Advanced communications skills: able to work well with others, independently and as part of a team
· Intermediate presentation skills: able to interview engineers on technical subject matter as well as brief executive level stakeholders
· Basic understanding of information security principles and risk assessment techniques
· Experience with using NESSUS and other scanning applications
Security related certifications are highly desired, but not required. The following are certifications that are desired:
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
· Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
· DOD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP)
· DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
Clearance must be current and active. We cannot sponsor new clearances for this role.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Team Lunches
- Leadership Incentives
WHO WE ARE
TPGS is a mission-oriented defense contracting firm with extensive experience in the intelligence community as well as with federal agencies and the Department of Defense. TPGS provides expertise in information technology, intelligence, cyber security, training and instruction, software engineering/application development, management support and more. We understand and value the unique needs of our government clients and industry partners, as well as the importance of completing projects on time and we work hard to not only meet, but exceed expectations. Our world-class culture operates with an unparalleled sense of urgency and continuously encourages and promotes individual and team success. No matter the project, our capability can be summarized by our motto: Rapid Response. Proven Talent. Exceptional Service.
TPGS is an equal opportunity employer.